Friday, November 27, 2009

I have Windows XP Pro on my PC and have been facing the following problem with Firefox,IE 6, OE and

When these applications are in use I suddenly get a drop down box reading



"Firefox (or IE or OE or ACD as the case may be ) has encountered a problem and needs to close.We are sorry for the inconvenience.If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost".



In the case of IE, and OE the frequency of recurrence of the problem has reduced after I cleaned the registry,ran chkdsk and defrag several times over., but with the other two and specially ACD See (32 Ver 2.4) the problem still persists even though I have un-installed and re-installed them many a time.



Can someone please advise me as to what I should do to overcome this problem



I have Windows XP Pro on my PC and have been facing the following problem with Firefox,IE 6, OE and ACD See.?download windows media player



Get Linux.



I have Windows XP Pro on my PC and have been facing the following problem with Firefox,IE 6, OE and ACD See.?internet explorer update internet explorer



Try formatting your hard disk and reinstalling a fresh copy of Windows xp ... it seems that your OS went wrong
To me, this looks like one of four possibilities.



1, You don't have enough space on your computer



2, Your CPU needs to be upgraded



3, Your homepage uses a large amount of bandwidth



4. You have a virus



5. Bad internet connection



Ok, for #1, go to disk defragmenter. There should be a percentage of free disk space. If you have more than 15%, thats good. If you have significantly less, clean up your computer or buy more memory



For #2, your CPU may not be able to handle the size of the applications. Check what kind it is. to do that, got to Control Panel --%26gt; Performance and maintenance --%26gt; See basic information about your computer. That should tell you what CPU you have (it'll be near the bottom on the first tab) I'm not sure which CPUs are great nowadays, so you should probably check on the intel website (listed in sources) If it's old, then it's probably a good idea to upgrade it.



For # 3, if your homepage takes up too much memory, change your default homepage. This is different for each browser, and if you managed to set it up then you'll know how to change it. If you never changed it, ignor this.



For #4, run a virus scan on your computer. If you don't have antivirus software I'd highly recomend AdAware or Spybot - Search and Destroy. Both are free for personal use (I've put the links in my resources) run them to rid your computer of viruses.



For #5, this is kind of unlikely, but your internet connection may be bad. If this is true, contact your service provider, but I'd check everything else first.



Hope some of that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair