Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Yahoo Mail (old versio) and IE 7 - problems?

In IE 7, the old verson of Yahoo Mail is only allowing me to compose emails in text, no fonts, colors, etc. I checked my options and I am set to compose in color and graphics mode, but there is no toolbar present when I compose an email or reply, and I don't see a way to get one there. Anyone know what's up?



Yahoo Mail (old versio) and IE 7 - problems?windows mobile 6



I had the same problem and have solved it but it is not easy to explain. A long detective story here which I am not sure I can adequately summarize here. Do you have Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 installed? If so that is likely your problem. You likely don't need it and I suggest deleting it using Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs. You could reinstall v. 1.1 as that one is not a problem.



Background: Check the Microsoft IE7 Support website: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/supp...



4th question: "My favorite websites don't load correctly.......", download the tool, and verify that spoofing IE6 allows you to see your Yahoo Mail OK. If so then go to the Microsoft site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defaul...



for further explanation on how User Agent Strings work.



The problem is that .NET 2.0 creates a User Agent String that Yahoo Mail is not recognizing (no doubt they will eventually but who knows when). Yahoo Mail has not configured their servers to accept the combination of IE7 and .NET 2.0



Hope this helps, it did for me, I had exactly the same problem you described (on 2 computers no less) but no longer. I managed to find this out because my 3rd computer had no .NET Framework at all (and never missed not having it as Sun Java is sufficient for me).



Yahoo Mail (old versio) and IE 7 - problems?microsoft office 2003 internet explorer



You may need to switch back to IE 6.0 and that may solve your problem.
Try here:



Old Versions:



http://www.oldversion.com/



Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair