Sunday, November 29, 2009

Annoying IE 7.0 Problem - Please Help?

For some reason my IE 7 is requiring me to type "www" before the url. Otherwise it complains:



"windows cannot find 'yahoo.com'. Check the spelling and try again."



How do I fix this annoying problem?



Thanks!



Annoying IE 7.0 Problem - Please Help?microsoft vista



%26gt;Uninstall IE 7...that will take you back to IE 6.(whatever). Download Firefox (mozilla.com). Install it. Be amazed.%26lt;



Annoying IE 7.0 Problem - Please Help?windows xp pro internet explorer



IE 7 probably only lets you do www. before it. I never ever do www. but some people still manage to do it all the time.
try http://
Use the keyboard shortcut.



Just type yahoo and hit ctrl + enter.



This works for any url. Just type the main word of the url, and it will put http://www. before it and .com after it.



It's ctrl + shift for .net and ctrl + shift + enter for .org. I don't know if those two will work in IE though, I know it works in Firefox. But yeah, ctrl + enter will definitely work in IE.
Dump IE7 !!!! It's a piece of crap!
Turn off Phishing.



In IE7, Click Tools -%26gt; Phishing Filter -%26gt; Turn off Phishing Filter.
After I installed IE 7.0, I could not access any ot the settings for my printer/scanner/copier. HP gave me a work around that didn't work. They then said to uninstall IE 7.0. When I did and got IE 6.0 re-installed (this will happen automatically), the problems with my printer were gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair