Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Problems with Messanger 8.0 and IE?

I installed the new Yahoo Messenger 8.0 beta and I am having problems using it with Internet Explorer 6.0 (w/ all patches %26amp; service packs). After I installed 8.0 every time I type an URL in the IE address bar IE locks up. I am going through a proxy server, however if I bypass the proxy server settings in IE and Messenger the problem stops. I tried uninstalling 8.0 and going back to 7.5, however now I am having the same problems w/ 7.5. Any ideas?



Problems with Messanger 8.0 and IE?windows installer



Delete the yahoo Folder



c:drive %26gt;%26gt; Program files %26gt;%26gt; Yahoo



then install Yahoo Msger 7.5: http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php



Goodluck ^_^



Problems with Messanger 8.0 and IE?microsoft vista internet explorer



I had a few problems too, but keep in mind, it's a beta. Perhaps your system doesn't meet the requirements?



Anyway, you can rest knowing that's it's easy to go back a version.



Go to:



http://messenger.yahoo.com/



On the bottom right you'll see "Not ready for the Beta?" Get version 7.5"



Click on that link, and install that one.



Sorry you had trouble. You can be sure Yahoo! will get those bugs fixed soon!



Hope this helps, good luck!



If this answers your question, please mark your question as "resolved" and vote for a best answer...that way us "answerers" don't duplicate efforts, and it makes it easier to find questions needing a good answer! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair